About the Firm
Kern County Criminal Defense Lawyer Fights Aggressively for Your Rights
Experienced advocacy for California clients accused of DUI, domestic violence, and other crimes
If police arrest you for drunk driving, abusing a spouse, or committing gang violence, your first call should be to a skilled defense attorney who will fight for you. At the Law Office of William H. Slocumb in Bakersfield, we have provided a tenacious defense to Californians facing criminal charges since 1989. As a former deputy district attorney, Bill Slocumb not only understands the tactics used by the opposition but he also knows how to craft a defense strategy that effectively challenges the charges against you. No matter how tough the prosecution’s case may seem, we never back down. With more than 20 years of trial experience, Bill Slocumb is equipped to defend you against the most serious criminal charges.
Reputable lawyer zealously defends Californians
If you are charged with robbery, rape, or another felony offense, your future depends on strong legal counsel from an experienced attorney. Throughout Kern County, people facing criminal charges turn to us for a solid defense because we are:
- Aggressive — Understanding what’s at stake, we provide you with aggressive representation that focuses on thwarting the prosecution’s case against you.
- AV-rated — We are highly respected by our colleagues in the field of criminal law: attorney Bill Slocumb has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability.
- Established — For nearly 30 years, we have fought passionately to defend Californians against a wide range of criminal charges, so you can count on our experience and commitment to your case.
The criminal justice system is intimidating and unforgiving. If you are arrested by law enforcement for a serious offense, a skilled and knowledgeable attorney can mean the difference between freedom and a lengthy prison sentence. Our firm offers a free initial consultation so you are fully aware of what the charges against you mean and understand your options for fighting them.
Areas of Practice
Professional representation for criminal charges
We provide skilled criminal defense
representation to Kern County residents in the following practice areas:
- Felony crimes — If you face murder, robbery, rape, kidnapping, drug, or other serious charges, you can count on us to work tirelessly to defend your rights.
- Domestic violence — We fight fervently to defend clients accused of misdemeanor and felony domestic violence crimes. If police arrest you for domestic assault, battery or child endangerment, we will use our vast knowledge to build you a strong defense.
- DUI/DWI — Our firm is known throughout California for successfully defending clients accused of felony DUIs. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may be able to have the charges against you reduced or even dismissed.
- Gang violence — We have a deep understanding of California’s street gang enhancement law as well as the most effective defense strategies for gang-related crimes.
A felony conviction will change your life forever. When you face serious criminal charges, you need a determined defense that understands how the prosecution works and can challenge law enforcement policies and procedures. We offer decades of experience defending the people of Kern County and are prepared to represent you with the same tireless advocacy.
Contact a highly qualified criminal defense lawyer in Kern County
The Law Office of William H. Slocumb handles some of the toughest criminal defense cases in California. Please call 661-493-9896 or contact us online
to schedule a free initial consultation with attorney Bill Slocumb at our Bakersfield office.